Friday, July 9, 2010

Slouchy Mesh Hat



Slouchy Mesh Hat

Materials:

Crochet Hook size J (6.00 mm)
Any bulky weight yarn

Stitches:

Magic loop
SC - single crochet
CH- chain
Sc2Tog- single crochet two together

Note: Use a stitch marker to marker the beginning of each round.

Pattern:

Using the Magic Loop, 5 sc in the loop.
Round 1: 2 Sc in each stitch around.
Round 2: *1 Sc in first stitch, 2 in the next* Repeat from * to * to the end of the round.
Round 3: *Chain 3, 1 Sc in next stitch* Repeat from * to * around.
Round 4: *Chain 3 then 1 sc in next chain 3 space* Repeat from * to * around.
Round 5: *Chain 5 then 1 sc in chain 3 space* Repeat from * to * around.
Round 6-11: Repeat round 5
Round 12: *Chain 7 then 1 sc in chain 5 space* Repeat from * to * around.
Round 13-17: Repeat round 12
Here you can make the hat more slouchy by adding rounds or make it less slouchy be taking away rounds.
Round 18: *5 Sc in chain 7 space then 1 sc in next sc* Repeat from * to * around.
Round 19: *1 Sc in each of the next 5 stitches then sc2tog* Repeat from * to * to last 5 stitches. 1 Sc in each of the 5 stitches.
Round 20: *1 Sc in each of the next 4 stitches then sc2tog* Repeat from * to * to last 5 stitches. 1 Sc in each of the 5 stitches.
Here you can make the hat tighter by decreasing another round.
Round 21-22: 1 Sc in each stitch around.

Finish off and weave ends.

Don't forget to email me at imanididit@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

11 comments:

  1. I love this hat - thanks for sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love this pattern ! Thanks, you made making my first hat a much better experience than my previous attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the simple and great patterns =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this pattern,I love the design.

    My only problems are once I get to row 18 I don't know what rows to increase to make the hat more slouchy

    also the band is a bit tight my head and I don't know how to go about increasin the size and adjusting the pattern if anyone could help I'd appreciate it very much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! Glad I found this pattern! I love hats but its getting too warm ro wear them. This is the perfect solution!
    Thanks!
    -r

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the pattern.
    I made some alterations to this so I could use it to hold up all of my hair.... Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6955068&l=7d3eb6d74b&id=546279332

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just finished one of these! Thank you so much for the pattern... I am such a visual person, I have a very hard time following patterns - I can usually figure it out from looking at pictures, but it takes a lot of trial & error... This pattern was so easy to follow and I whipped it up in about a half an hour! My husband is wearing it right now pretending to be a rastafarian without any dreads... Looks pretty cute on him, but I'm definitely keeping it for me. ;)
    Thanks so much!! This is my new favourite hat pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So this is so not looking right, is it supposed to look like a cone?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just made this hat using two strands worsted weight & I'm in love! New favorite hat hands down! Now to make in a bunch of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just made 2 of these for small children it was so easy to adjust the size for them. Great quick stress reliving.... live it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not good. I followed the pattern exactly and it looks pretty terrible. You can glaringly see where it goes from ch5 to ch7. Extremely disappointed. Are all these reviewers your friends just commenting to make this pattern look functional?

    ReplyDelete